The first school was opened in Pretoria in 1993 with 43 learners and 6 staff members.
We’ve been caring for
a very long time
Why was there a need for affordable independent schools in 1993?
- In many cases black learners did not have anywhere else to go to receive a quality education
- Black learners were simply not allowed in white schools
- Township schools were often still burning as a result of the “liberation before education” slogan that originated after the 1976 Soweto uprisings
- Most of the “elite” private schools were unaffordable to the parents of these learners
Over the past 24 years Royal Schools has always stood on the following pillars:
- Uncompromising quality of education
- Consistent affordability
- Economic and financial viability
- Good relationships with parents, the community and other stakeholders.
- Royals Schools is managed by educational specialist and businessman,
Dr Bennie Fourie Jnr and his experienced management team currently manages 7 schools with 2 739 learners and 149 staff members.